Directs and oversees the implementation of the Board of County Commissioners’ (BOCC) policies to all county departments/divisions, as prescribed by the BOCC and Administrative Codes. Directs and oversees day-to-day operations of county government.
Citizen input shape's the county's focus. Visit www.calvertcountymd.gov/BOCC to find information on how you can participate in your local government.
Be Responsible and Accountable:
- Fiscal Responsibility - Exercise conservative financial management with the majority of resources directed to the most important services that our government provides, while seeking viable new sources of revenue.
- Culture of Engagement - Promote an environment where residents feel they can make a difference and work in partnership with others to understand and address pressing public issues. Continue to work on making County offices more citizen- and business friendly and providing ample opportunities for citizen involvement.
- Public Stewardship and Accountability - Act responsibly with the planning and management of our County resources.
Provide Essential Services and Support
- Services - Provide high quality, effective and efficient services to all stakeholders. Explore alternative approaches that would allow the County organization to operate in a more business-like fashion
- Education - Provide educational resources, learning opportunities and training.
- Public Safety - Maintain Calvert County as a safe and healthy place to live, work and play
- Roads & Infrastructure - Maintain our roads, bridges, water and sewerage infrastructure as well as other long-term physical assets and facilities.
- Parks & Recreation - Provide opportunities for leisure activities, including making the best possible use of the golf course and the indoor pool.
Work to Preserve Calvert County
- Environment, Heritage and Rural Character - Create a sense of place, reflect the character, history and natural environment of the community.
- Growth Management & Land Preservation - Maintain the rural character through effective growth management with a proactive and consistent planning approach. Look at ordinances that impact growth outside of the town centers.
Provide Opportunities for Residential Growth and Economic Development
- Homeownership - Promote homeownership by providing assistance to our citizens through Homestead and Homeowner Tax Credit programs as well as our House Keys 4 Employees program.
- Economic Development - Pursue many avenues of economic development to incentivize sustainable development while remaining a business-friendly community to small businesses, the farm and forestry community and corporations alike.
At the Calvert Marine Museum pre-history, natural history and maritime heritage come together to tell a unique story of the Chesapeake Bay. This is a family-friendly museum that offers live animals, fossils, interactive exhibits, daily activities and a furnished cottage-style lighthouse - something for every age.
The Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum connects Chesapeake Beach with its history by collecting, preserving and sharing with our community the story of the railway, the resort and the vision that launched it.
Mark WillisCounty Administrator
Linda TurnerDeputy County Administrator
Ruthie BucklerSpecial Projects Program Manager
Ashley Staples-ReidSpecial Projects Program Manager
Danielle RussellGrants Management Program Specialist
County AdministratorPhysical Address
175 Main Street
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.