Occupancy and Use

The use and occupancy permit is issued by Inspections and Permits and must be secured prior to opening a business to the public. Be sure to allow plenty of time to obtain use and occupancy permit.

Continuing Support

Please know that the Department of Economic Development can provide a number of resources to support the growth and development of your business. Free services include:

  • Confidential in-house counseling
  • Marketing assistance
  • Ombudsman program
  • Online employment classifieds
  • Online commercial listings
  • Ribbon cutting assistance
  • Training and educational seminars

The county also offers an Incentive Loan Fund and Economic Development Loan Fund for well-qualified businesses, produces a number of publications annually and runs the business retention program to help local business owners grow and succeed. For more information call 410-535-4583.